Unable to enter serial #/code

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bob Richardson

Unable to enter serial #/code

Unread post by Bob Richardson »

I'm trying to move an old copy of H&M to a new computer. I still have the appropriate serial number and security code. After entering those numbers in the Help->Enter Serial Number screen and clicking OK, I get this error message:

"Could not save serial number in registry due to insufficient user rights. Please close Help_Manual, login with an administrator account and enter the serial number again."

I have an Administrator account- it's the only account on this PC. What can I do?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unable to enter serial #/code

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bob,

Windows lies about administrator accounts. 8) Even if your account claims to be an administrator account, it isn't really a full admin account. To solve your problem, right-click on the Help+Manual program item and select "Run as administrator". Then you will be able to enter and store the your registration codes correctly. After that you will be able to run Help+Manual normally.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.