Roadmap for 2006

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Linnenkohl

Roadmap for 2006

Unread post by Linnenkohl »

I liked the way EC Software published their roadmap for the HM4 XML features. Would there be again a roadmap for the next main topics for 2006?
I think there are a lot of nice enhancements on the wish list.

Jan
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

This is probably going to be published some time in the next three weeks or so. There are some very cool things already planned for 4.2, but I'm not saying anything just yet. :twisted:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Linnenkohl

Unread post by Linnenkohl »

I hope the 'or so' will not take too long.... :wink:
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We are working on the redesign of our home page and will include a general roadmap for the next 12 months.
Version 4.2 is under construction and scheduled for release in early June. V4.2 will include expanding text and a function to assign styles to unformatted text. These are the fixstarters among a couple of minor things.

The general roadmap will be available with the new website, but that will still take a couple weeks.
Morten Lyng

Unread post by Morten Lyng »

expanding text :?:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Morten,

This is the ability to create expanding and collapsing sections in your text. Currently you have to code these manually by adding JavaScript to your HTML template and inserting plain HTML code blocks in your topics for the beginning and end of the expanding/collapsing sections. In H&M 4.2 you will be able to create these automatically, it will be a formatting option. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Waller

Unread post by John Waller »

>>>This is the ability to create expanding and collapsing sections in your text.

Sounds fantastic.

I'll be able to use this as soon as its available :-)

I look forward to 4.2.
Tim Green
Site Admin

John,

I've just heard that it's going to be even better than we thought: In addition to expanding sections there is also going to be expanding text within paragraphs. This will be a great alternative to popups -- when you click on an entry its text will "expand", as though text had been inserted into the paragraph. Click again and it contracts again.

Another related feature that may be coming is "toggle images". This will allow you to insert two versions of an image, a small one and a larger one. When the user clicks on the image (normally the smaller one) it will "toggle" to the other image, replacing it within the topic. This will be a great feature for making topics with lots of images more readable, because the user only needs to look at the large version of the image he/she is currently looking at. You can see this in action already on the info page for the HHReg tool:

http://www.ec-software.com/products_hhreg.html
Regards,

Private support:
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

Another related feature that may be coming is "toggle images".
This will make things a lot easier. Look at http://www.hersacher.de/eisenbahn/ and go to the topic "Eisenbahn und EEP". Click on the images to make them large or small. I'm using Invisible topics and the new feature will save me a lot of time.
Waldemar
Leippe

Roadmap 2008 (Version 5)

Unread post by Leippe »

I suppose that the team of EC Software is going to present new features on the Tekom conference which takes place in November 2007 in Wiesbaden (Germany).

A roadmap for 2008 would be great? What will come in version 5 - e.g. concerning version control, text editor, translation, and multi-user workflow?