Change right indent to all pages at once

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rolo

Change right indent to all pages at once

Unread post by rolo »

I have a project with 120 pages. I need to change right indent of all paragraphs and all pages. Do I have to do it one by one? I hope there is a way to change it all pages at once !

Can you help me?

:?
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Rolo,

Do you mean the right margin on all pages? Or do you really mean to indent all paragraphs within the right margin? And is this for all outputs or only for PDF or CHM or some other format?

If what you want to do is move your right margin in PDF output, you do this in the Print Manual Designer. That's where you control the layout for PDF and printed output. You can simply adjust the margin settings for the sections that you use (title page, TOC, topic page, etc.). The Print Manual Designer is available from the Tools menu and also has its own online help.

For other outputs, I don't have an answer.

Good luck,
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Rolo,

This is what dynamic styles are for! If you haven't set them up for your project yet it will take some work to get the formatting to start with, but after that you will be able to change all your paragraph settings just by changing the definitions of your styles. For details please see the following chapters in the help:

* Basic Working Procedures > Text Formatting and Styles
* Reference > Dynamic Styles

If you mean the margins in your PDF document then see the chapter PDF & Printed Manuals for information on how to access and edit your PDF templates.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
rolo

Unread post by rolo »

Your support is awesome. Keep doing it as usual (fast and easy) and you will have many new customers like me.

I must said again...Problem solved !

:lol: