Page breaks withing tables

This is the place to discuss Help & Manual 4 issues. Please don't post questions on any other versions here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matthew.vollnhofer

Page breaks withing tables

Unread post by matthew.vollnhofer »

Hi, I have two questions:

1. I see in the help that it is possible to insert page breaks into a Table row (in non-nested tables). I have tried to do this but have not had success.

2. Is there a quick way of continuing a number sequence in a list that has been interrupted by adding, for example, a picture.

Thanks,

Matt
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Hi Matthew,

I believe that the H&M help is misleading when it says that page breaks are allowed inside table rows. I think what it means is that automatic page breaks are allowed, not manually inserted page breaks. In other words, the software will put a page break in a row when it reaches the bottom of the page, instead of forcing the entire table to the next page. You can't tell the software where to put the break.

Tim will weigh in if I'm wrong, I'm sure.
Dean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dean is right, tables can break within table rows but you can't do it manually. They will only break if this is necessary because the table does not fit on the current page.

You can insert numbered lists that span table rows but you must do this with a trick: First you need to create the entire numbered list in a single cell. Then you need to manually cut and paste each item from the list to individual cells/rows of the table. The list will then continue to be numbered correctly. The disadvantage of this is that if you add items within the list you must manually move everything again, so it's not really practical... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.