Bullets gets random altered

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

HpW

Bullets gets random altered

Unread post by HpW »

I recognize that randomly the bullets gets altered (my default Bullets are cycle and full rectangle as a sub bullet) :

Sequence 1:

- open a topic XX bullets as a quadratic empty fill = NOK
- change to an other topic
- bullets are as a cycle = OK
- change back to topic XX bullets are a now as a cycle = OK
- Confused :o

Sequence 2:

- open a topic XX bullets as a quadratic empty fill = NOK
- change to an other topic
- bullets are as a cycle = OK
- change back to topic XX bullets are a still as quadratic empty fill
- Who changes this ?? :shock:

is this known or any known workaround...

Hp
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Bullets gets random altered

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Hp,

This is not a known issue. First of all, please make sure you are using the current version of the program, which you can check with Help > About. The current version of Help & Manual 5 is 5.6 Build 1360. You can download the latest installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

If you continue to have problems we need to have a look at a sample project. Please mail a project demonstrating the issue with a description of the steps to duplicate the problem to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out right away. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
HpW

Unread post by HpW »

Tim Green wrote:This is not a known issue. First of all, please make sure you are using the current version of the program, which you can check with Help > About. The current version of Help & Manual 5 is 5.6 Build 1360. You can download the latest installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

If you continue to have problems we need to have a look at a sample project. Please mail a project demonstrating the issue with a description of the steps to duplicate the problem to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out right away. :)
I am already using the latest version... as you know on a simple project :roll:

Hp
Tim Green
Site Admin

HpW wrote:I am already using the latest version... as you know on a simple project
We still need a sample project showing exactly what you did. We no longer even try to reproduce problems from descriptions any more because then you almost never test what is really being described. So you do need to send a demo project, otherwise we won't look at it. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
HpW

Unread post by HpW »

The point is that I should SVN each time I alter stuff to track backwards to get a single topic tracked.

The only thing is, what I used, was a global renaming and would not check each topic (PDF about 400 pages) and get randomly surprised just open and reopen the same topic with a bullet changing... I use a multi core CPU Win 10.

Hp
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Hp,

Sorry, but it's not possible to understand what is happening from your descriptions. We need to see it. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Carlos Pinheiro

Unread post by Carlos Pinheiro »

Well man of no faith. :D

I can confirm this change on text, but with me are the letters, they change randomly on the .chm.

On the PDF everything runs well.

Different publish instances different ways to write the same word like Introduction, appears one time like Inrroduution, the next as Introouctton and another as Innroductioo and so on. :vconfused:

It's alive!!!

Anyway do you found the solution for this in the meantime?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Carlos Pinheiro wrote:Different publish instances different ways to write the same word like Introduction, appears one time like Inrroduution, the next as Introouctton and another as Innroductioo and so on. :vconfused:
Is it possible that you have not yet registered Help & Manual with your purchased license codes? If this is the case, that could be the cause: Some random changes are made to the output when the program is used in free trial mode, and these increase with time. To register, select the Serial Number option in the Help tab and enter the serial number and activation code you received when you purchased your license.

If you continue to have problems please mail us a copy of your purchase confirmation mail to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with your license codes and we will check your license for you.
Regards,

Private support: