Error while parsing tag "topic"

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

kurgbe

Error while parsing tag "topic"

Unread post by kurgbe »

I get the above mentioned error message when I open a specific topic or when I publish my help.

What is the problem?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kurgbe,

This is not a known issue. Before doing anything else please make sure that you are using the latest version of the program, which is 5.1 Build 730 (check this with Help > About). If you need to update get the latest installer here and install on top of your current version:

http://www.ec-software.com/downloads.html

If this doesn't help the next thing to do is to check whether it is just this one project or all projects. Open another project or create a new project to check this. If it is really just this one project then we need to have a look at it. Save the project in single-file HMXZ format, pack it in a ZIP or RAR archive and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you. Please include your full name in the mail so that we can identify your user account.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
paulororke

Re: Error while parsing tag "topic"

Unread post by paulororke »

I found the same issue on a few topics. For me things were fixed by using the context menu on the topic TOC entry to "Edit Caption".

After making changes to the caption, saving then syncing to my SVN I noticed quite a few topics being updated, after which the error went away.

I just thought I'd share that in case anyone else comes across this.