H&M5 - Snippet is duplicated when inserted in toggle

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sonia Guimond

H&M5 - Snippet is duplicated when inserted in toggle

Unread post by Sonia Guimond »

Hi,

When I insert a snippet within a toggle, this snippet is duplicated in the final output (PDF or Webhelp). However, everything looks OK in the editor (no duplication).

Has anyone ever seen this and found a solution or workaround?

Additional details:
  • Each snippet is inserted within an ordered list.
    The table used for the toggle is set to Autosize.
    If I try to copy this ordered list (with the snippet) in “regular” text (i.e. outside a toggle), the final output is OK (no duplication).
    Using H&M v. 5.5.1 1296
If you need additional information, please let me know.

Sonia Guimond
Technical writer
SIGMA-HR Solutions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M5 - Snippet is duplicated when inserted in toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sonia,

I've never seen this before. The only thing I can think of offhand, is that your snippet might be calling itself somehow with a circular reference. Check the contents of the original snippet file and its location carefully. You might also try creating a copy of the snippet in an external XML file, with a different name, and inserting it from that. If that doesn't help please mail me a small demo project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll have a look at it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.