dynamic resizing of images in WebHelp

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Steve Bratt

dynamic resizing of images in WebHelp

Unread post by Steve Bratt »

Is there a way to get images that display in the WebHelp window dynamically resize to fit the display window?

I have created WebHelp and our developers have put in in our product but when the help is opened, the user has to scroll to completely see some of the images.

I would like to make the behavior so that dynamically, when an image displays in the window it autmatically fits to the window size so there is no scrolloing necassary.

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: dynamic resizing of images in WebHelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Steve,

That's not currently available as a feature, although it's an interesting idea and would be possible -- I'll make a note of it for the future. However, what you can do is use the current image toggles feature. This won't display to fit the user's current window width, but it will display a smaller version of the image as a preview that the user can then click on to display the full-sized version.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steve Bratt

Unread post by Steve Bratt »

Thanks Tim. This is useful information.
Doug Domke

Unread post by Doug Domke »

We're using Help & Manual 6, and I'm seeking the same capability: to have an image resize based on the width of the browser window (but hopefully not beyond the size of the original image). Has such a feature been implemented?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Doug,
Doug Domke wrote:We're using Help & Manual 6, and I'm seeking the same capability: to have an image resize based on the width of the browser window (but hopefully not beyond the size of the original image). Has such a feature been implemented?
This is included in Help & Manual 7. See this topic in the help for details:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... onsive.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Doug Domke

Unread post by Doug Domke »

I see - thanks! I also downloaded the trial version for version 7, and it works exactly like I'd hope. :) Now it's just a matter of getting approval to purchase an upgrade.