Language switches from English to Swedish

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Swede

Language switches from English to Swedish

Unread post by Swede »

I have published an English hmxp project in Webhelp format. When the help opens in Explorer, the TOC displays the "Contents" view with the "Index" and "Search" links in English, see attached image "WebhelpContents.png".
Now, when I click "Index", the "Contents" and "Search" links switch to Swedish, see attached image "WebhelpIndex.png". Where do I change the link text to English? I've checked the HTML source code under Configuration > Publishing Optons > Webhelp > Keyword Index and it's all in English.
The project contains a linked-in child project, but Keyword Index is all in English there too.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
/Mattias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Language switches from English to Swedish

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mattias,

What is happening here is that the TOC template has been edited to change it back to English, but the Index and possibly also the Search template are still in Swedish. (When you click on these links in the header the entire page in the navigation pane is switched out.)

Where you edit this depends on whether you are publishing your project with or without a skin. If you are using a skin you must edit the .hmskin skin file instead of the project file, because using a skin replaces the templates in your project with those in the skin. Otherwise you need to edit in the project file.

If you need to edit the skin you must store it in a place where you can edit it (for example your project folder) but since the contents have already been edited that is probably already the case. Open the project or the skin in Help & Manual (select .hmskin as the file type to open in the Open dialog if it is a skin) and in the Project Explorer on the left go to Configuration > Publishing Options > WebHelp. The templates for the navigation pane are three sections here: Table of Contents, Keyword Index and Full Text Search. Table of Contents is already OK in your case, so check the text in the other two.

IMPORTANT WARNING: If the Source Code tab is active for the template don't switch back to simple layout mode after editing source code! Doing this will replace your edited version with default template and delete your changes. You will be warned if you try to do this, and this is a warning you should take seriously. This is particularly important when editing pre-designed skins, as switching to simple mode there will make the skin permanently unusable.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Swede

Re: Language switches from English to Swedish

Unread post by Swede »

Thanks, problem solved.
/M