Script Error

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

deepika_p

Script Error

Unread post by deepika_p »

Hey Tim,

After solving one issue, http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtop ... 22&t=13357 now I'm faced with another problem.

The following error message keeps popping out every time I publish a .chm file out of the project.
script error.PNG
And following is the code line (in the .chm file) it refers to.

Code: Select all

/clip0066.pngŒ•¤L†T
Can I please know why this error pops up and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot

- Deepika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deepika_p

Re: Script Error

Unread post by deepika_p »

Tim,

I also found that this error occurs when clicking on the highlighted link in any topic in the .chm output.
Capture.PNG
When clicked on the highlighted link,
  • It navigates to the top topic
  • and displays the above error
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Deepika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Script Error

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Deepika,

There is probably an "orphaned" toggle link somewhere on the page that is causing errors in the output. See this thread for instructions on how to deal with this:

http://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewtop ... gle#p54828

If this doesn't help please mail a demo project illustrating the issue to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. If you are using a skin to publish your CHM file please also include the .hmskin skin file. We don't need the graphics initially, just the project itself in single-file .hmxz format. If you're using .hmxp currently you can save a single-file .hmxz copy with Save As... in the Application Menu (big button in the top left corner of the HM window). Choose the "Help Project (single file storage)" format, (.HMXZ in the description text on the right). Then just delete all the unnecessary topics in the project copy before mailing.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.