Edit Skin Files

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matt harris

Edit Skin Files

Unread post by matt harris »

Hi

I'm trying to edit the HMSkin_Blue.hmskin file. All I want to do is when publishing Webhelp change the left frame at 20% instead of 30%. I found where to do this but when i save the file as a different name, I lose all the formatting ie the Blue header background and the green & red navigation button in the header.

Please can someone advise how to fix this

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Edit Skin Files

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matt,

You are probably trying to select the "Simple Options" tab and you missed the warning message telling you that this will delete the custom template and reset it to the standard template. Since this is a custom skin, you lose all the custom code when you do that. You will need to start with the fresh copy of the skin from the /Templates/HTML Skins folder.

In templates with custom code you need to make the change in the code. It's quite simple: Just locate both instances of this piece of code:

Code: Select all

<frameset cols="30%,*"
and change the "30%" value to "20%". That's it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
matt harris

Re: Edit Skin Files

Unread post by matt harris »

Thanks Tim, thats great :-D