Problem with Screen Capture Tool

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Albertina Hoxha

Problem with Screen Capture Tool

Unread post by Albertina Hoxha »

Hi all,

I have H&M version 5 and trying to use ‘Screen Capture’ tool for ‘A Window, control or menu’ to capture images from an external application, primary monitor only.
Unfortunately, when I use this option I observe the following:
• I cannot move the ‘red outlined frame’ to the element/window I want to select. The red outlined frame appears to move everywhere and when I try to drag the red outlined frame to the chosen element, it does not appear properly.
• When I try to capture pictures (‘Bar menus’ but not only) from an external application using the two options ‘How to capture a window, control or menu’ and ‘How to capture a free region’ the picture in H&M appears as a blue shadow.

Can you please assist or provide a how to manual to resolving this issue?

Looking forward to your reply
Kind Regards,
Albertina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Screen Capture Tool

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Albertina,

Which Windows version are you using? It is quite possible that the capture tool in your very old version of Help+Manual is no longer completely compatible with it. This will be particularly pronounced if you are using a version of Windows that supports the transparent Window borders (the "Metro Glass" interface). If that is the case you can generally improve the situation by switching Metro Glass off and using the standard Windows appearance.

However, the screen capture in HM 5 definitely works fine in Windows 10 (I just tested it) because here Microsoft has returned to a much simply windows color and graphics scheme.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.