Important Features H&M? (multi language / convert to man

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

maarten

Important Features H&M? (multi language / convert to man

Unread post by maarten »

We are thinking of buying H&M, there are a few feature that are important for us:

1. There has to be an easy way to translate a helpfile into other languages. It has to be insightful what part of the text has been translated and what part hasn't.

2. It has to possible to convert the help file to an word document, so it is easy to make a manual.

Further more, I wonder in what way Help & Manual is better than Easyhelp, Robohelp etc.

Can someone please provide me with some answers?

Thanks in advance!

Maarten
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

About translation you can find detailed information in the online help of Help & Manual. The chapter is Translating Your Projects.

Help & Manual can generate RFT and PDF files from the same source. The chapter is PDF and Printed Manuals.

Look also at other interesting chapters in the manual.
This online manual is created with Help & Manual and you will find the PDF version here. With Help & Manual you will get the HTML Help version and the complete source as one of the template projects.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Further more, I wonder in what way Help & Manual is better than Easyhelp, Robohelp etc.
I don't know Easyhelp, but when compared to the latest version of Robohelp, Help & Manual...

* Is much more flexible with 8 output formats

* Creates PDF files out of the box with visual layout customization, Robohelp doesn't create PDF at all

* Is fully Unicode enabled, RH supports 13 languages as far as I know

* Is XML, while RH uses a mix of HTML 4.x and additional configuration files

* Creates cross-platform Webhelp that even works in browsers without Javascript (worst case, for the full feature set, Javascript is recommended)

* Has better support for resusable content with custom build options, conditional text, snippet repositories, text variables, etc.

* Comes with additional features you don't get with other tools, such as an image editor, screen capture, manual designer, extensive reports and project synchronization for translating help files

* Costs 40% less than Robohelp while offering more

* Comes with excellent support that you don't pay extra and has a vivid and skillful user community with one the biggest user forums in the industry

* Is guaranteed to thrive in the years to come, EC Software is a small but very healthy company, strongly committed to its flagship product

:D
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

Alex,
Comes with excellent support

Forrester Groundwell Award is this something to participate like the Delphi Award?

My participation in this communitiy led me to the award page. The winner for support this year. This forum dosn't stand behind the other one.
Waldemar
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Never heard of them... I'll have a look. Thanks!
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
maarten

Unread post by maarten »

Thanks for the detailed and useful information!! We're very close to deciding in your advantage.