Can't get rid of "How to use this project template"

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

kitty

Can't get rid of "How to use this project template"

Unread post by kitty »

Hi all,

I am using the H&M standard template which comes with a topic called "How to use this project template". I have followed the instructions to remove the topic when publishing, but it still appears when I compile webhelp.

Is there a setting somewhere to nominate the page you want to appear when you publish to webhelp? Perhaps that is the problem.

Thanks,
Kitty
Luba

Unread post by Luba »

You need to check the flag "Delete temporary files after compilation" when you compile the project. The flag must be on the position ON.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kitty,

Luba's suggestion is correct -- when you compile Webhelp old topic files are not normally deleted from your output folder and the indexer that generates the search index runs on all the files in the output folder, including any old files that may be left over.

If you have any additional files of your own that you add to your output folder manually you can protect them from the Delete All function by saving them in a subfolder (you will have to change the references to the files in your templates etc. of course). Delete All doesn't delete anything in subfolders.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

Thank you both for your quick replies. This forum is extremely helpful.

The problem is not quite resolved though, sorry. There doesn't appear to be a check box for "Delete temporary files after compilation" in webhelp. The only place I can see the check box is in the HTML help compiler and it is currently ticked.

The only unchecked box in webhelp is "Delete all files in output folder before export".

Do I check that one?

Thanks,
Kitty
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

"Delete all files in output folder before export" is the checkbox for Webhelp. You need to check it. The other one is only used if you publish to HMTL Help.
Waldemar
Luba

Unread post by Luba »

waldemar.hersacher wrote:"Delete all files in output folder before export" is the checkbox for Webhelp.
ooops!!!! sorry for my mistake! I just read wInhelp instead of Web.... :oops:
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

No problem Luba!

Thanks all for your replies.