editing a pdf

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

patrick.hartnett

editing a pdf

Unread post by patrick.hartnett »

as a very new user, when i edit the published pdf output using Acrobat professional, the changes are not saved the next time i publish, what am i doing wrong, please? :?
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

H&M can publish pdf-documents. If you want to change them you need to use H&M again.
H&M will never read in the pdf-document again.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You need to make the changes in Help & Manual, not in your published PDF, and then generate the PDF again. All your editing work is stored in your Help & Manual project, changes in the published documents cannot be read back into your project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
patrick.hartnett

pdf edit and print

Unread post by patrick.hartnett »

Thanks guys, I follow the logic, but now when I try and print or publish the doc, it pretends to it but does not print. I can print other docs outside H&M, so the print path is working. When i do preview print, H&M flashes up one page on screen and then closes. What settings if any do i need to check in H&M? :?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Patrick,

There's not enough information to be able to provide a meaningful answer there, among other things because Help & Manual has so many different output channels. What steps are you performing when you try to "print"?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.