Could not open project file

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Could not open project file

Unread post by Tim Green »

All the time, there have been four error messages, though:
"The ID ..... has been used multiple times. It has been renewed to ......."
Check your \Topics folder to see whether there are files with the same names in any sub-folders there. Multiple IDs will only be reported as errors if there are really more than one topic file with the same ID or if you try to create a new topic with an existing ID, and not just a new TOC entry pointing to the same topic. Multiple TOC entries pointing to the same ID are not a problem, but only one topic can have the same ID.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steffen Heller

Unread post by Steffen Heller »

Tim Green wrote: Check your \Topics folder to see whether there are files with the same names in any sub-folders there.
There are no files with identical names.
The Topics folder has one subfolder "Archiv" that contains 6 files. Their names are similar but not identical since they all have added a specific suffix.
Thanks for helping
Steffen
My current Version: 7.4.0 Build 4590
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Steffen Heller wrote:There are no files with identical names.
The Topics folder has one subfolder "Archiv" that contains 6 files. Their names are similar but not identical since they all have added a specific suffix.
Then the issue may have to do with the references in the TOC files that you inserted from somewhere else. Don't external components like that while the project is open, of course...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.