Unwanted Chinese characters in PDF Document Properties

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
avizulis

Unwanted Chinese characters in PDF Document Properties

Unread post by avizulis »

I have Version 5.5.0. I just published a PDF of my manual, and I happened to look in the PDF Document Properties of the displayed PDF via Adobe Reader. I was surprised to find that the Title, Application and PDF Producer properties were entirely in Chinese characters! I use nothing but Arial in my manual and in the PDF template I created. This must be some kind of bug unless it is a simple font issue, for which I can't find any remedy.

Any ideas?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted Chinese characters in PDF Document Properties

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Avizulis,

We need to see an example. Please mail a small demo project illustrating the issue to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that we can check it directly. Please include a short description of the issue and your .mnl PDF template file.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
avizulis

Re: Unwanted Chinese characters in PDF Document Properties

Unread post by avizulis »

Thanks for your response and suggestions Tim. As it turned out there was nothing I could modify in Adobe Reader settings or in Windows character sets that made any difference.

I was using Adobe Reader 7, so I then upgraded to Version 9. No more problem! So whatever the problem was, Version 9 takes care of it.

Thanks for the help