PHP option - default topic has wrong extension

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Martin Wynne

PHP option - default topic has wrong extension

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

If the .php option is used for topic files, the default topic on opening the Webhelp still has .htm extension and results in "404 Not Found".

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PHP option - default topic has wrong extension

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

I just tested this and I can't reproduce it: Create a project, set the default topic to chapter_2 and then changed the file extension to .php in the HTML export options. The topic gets exported as chapter_2.php and all references to it in both the TOC file and the index.html file are correct. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Tim Green wrote:I just tested this and I can't reproduce it
That's odd. Twice I created PHP projects, uploaded, and got 404 on the first topic. I will delve a bit further. :?

Martin.
Martin Wynne

oops, sorry Tim. :oops:

I had forgotten that the projects I tested this with all had a modified version of index.html in the Baggage Files. I should have investigated further before posting this bug report. I'm sorry about that, please feel free to delete this topic.

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

Don't worry, no problem. It's easy to trip up on things like that. I'd prefer to leave the thread there, it can always be helpful to see things like that. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Thanks Tim. It would be handy to have somewhere in H&M to write such project-wide developer notes as a reminder (as opposed to content comments in individual topics). I sometimes make a readme.txt file in the project folder, but it's easy to fail to keep it updated. When working on the details of something you can't imagine ever forgetting about it. :)

Having somewhere directly in H&M to jot down odd reminders for future reference would be great. Just an idea.

regards,

Martin.