PDF index: page numbers overprinted

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
jeffbronks

PDF index: page numbers overprinted

Unread post by jeffbronks »

If an index term is just the wrong length, so that it exactly fills one line in the index and forces the page number to wrap to the next line, the page number is printed in the wrong place. Instead of being printed on the line below the index term, it is overprinted on top of the term. Screen shot attached: see the "Action when Number of Waveforms reached" entry.

I tried using the default template that comes with HM5 and the problem went away, so it must be something to do with my custom template. I have been using that template for years, however, so I suspect that the software has broken in some way recently. My template uses Verdana for the index so I think we can rule out a font problem.

HM version: 5.5.0.1270
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF index: page numbers overprinted

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jeff,

In the template check the text object for your index entries and make sure that Word Wrap is activated. In addition to this also check the anchors for the text object to make sure that the object is resizing correctly with the containing band as you want it to.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.