3frame header dummy.htm is included in CHM output

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Malcolm Jacobson

3frame header dummy.htm is included in CHM output

Unread post by Malcolm Jacobson »

Hi,

I was checking one of our CHM builds today, using the search term "name", and discovered that the file "3frame_header_dummy.htm" was included in the output. I have checked the topic list for the project and this file is not part of the project.

According to another post, this file is part of the "premium skins" help. We are using the premium skins for our branding.

Why is this file included in our published output when it is not part of the project, and how do I remove it from the build?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: 3frame header dummy.htm is included in CHM output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Malcolm,

If you are using the current version of the Premium Pack this will only be included if you leave the PP_3-frame option activated when you publish to CHM because this file is tagged with that build option. Alternatively you can just delete this file from the Baggage in the skin -- it's really only there to display instructions for users who select 3-frame output the first time without checking the help first. Basically it's redundant and can be safely deleted. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Malcolm Jacobson

Re: 3frame header dummy.htm is included in CHM output

Unread post by Malcolm Jacobson »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the fast response. We haven't upgraded to the latest Premium Pack yet because we're very close to a release, but I tracked down the file in the skin and removed it from the baggage. Problem solved. :)

Cheers,

Malcolm.