Topics via 'Project Files' tree item - problem

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
William_

Topics via 'Project Files' tree item - problem

Unread post by William_ »

Hi,

I notice when editing topic build inclusion via Project Files -> Topic Files -> Topics tree view items that changes are not actually propergatede back to the Table of Contents tree view items. However changes in the Table of Contents tree view items in their build inclusions (right click menu when on a topic) do propergate down to the Project Files -> Topic Files -> Topics tree view items. Only the topic build inclusion configuration on topics seen via the Table of Contents tree actually have an effect on the build on the project files. Is there a plan to fix this glaring irregularity?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Topics via 'Project Files' tree item - problem

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi William,

Nothing is wrong -- this is by design and exactly as it is supposed to be. When you set build options in the TOC Help & Manual automatically sets the options for both the TOC entry and the topic file it points to (they are two separate objects). However, when you are working in the topic files section -- which is not normally necessary -- it is assumed that you know what you are doing and need the added flexibility of being able to set everything separately. For more information please see these chapters in the help:

Topic Include Options ("How to set topic include options in the Topic Files section")
Topic entry and topic file include options
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
William_

Re: Topics via 'Project Files' tree item - problem

Unread post by William_ »

Yes, it is broken. Whether you meant it to be broken is immaterial.

Via the tree view of Topics I recently deleted a topic branch, also set all the topic files in the project to the build option of 'All Builds' and also set the colour of a branch to 'Complete'.
I then see that in the Project Files - Topic Files view that none have been removed nor had their build options changed nor their colour changed. I restarted and the Topic Files view is still not at all accurate.