Two font colour settings in Impict, only one works

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
jeffbronks

Two font colour settings in Impict, only one works

Unread post by jeffbronks »

The Text Object dialog has a 'Font' button and a colour-selector button to the right of that. The Font button opens a dialog that also contains a colour-selector. I can't work out what the interaction between these two colour settings is, and as I often forget which one is the right one to use, I end up setting both of them to be sure of getting the colour I want. The online help is not much use because the screen shot shows a different dialog to the one in H&M5. Can this be rationalised please?

Impict 2.53.
H&M 5.60.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Two font colour settings in Impict, only one works

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jeff,

The font picker in the font dialog box only supports 16 colors, that's the old one that was originally there. It has actually been superseded by the one in next to the Font button, which provides access to the full range of colors. This was added later in response to user requests. I'll make a note of getting this synchronized, also with the help, in version 6. Thanks for pointing it out -- nobody noticed it up to now... :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
jeffbronks

Re: Two font colour settings in Impict, only one works

Unread post by jeffbronks »

Thanks Tim.

Perhaps I'm unusual in using coloured text. I use blue underlined text to indicate hyperlinks (which are implemented using image hotspots).