Border-line don't appear correctly in pdf?

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Leippe

Border-line don't appear correctly in pdf?

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi Tim,
if I define a box (for lines) with styles, the lines won't appear correctly. Only the bottom one is shown. The style doesn't save the settings. See picture attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
mmueller

Unread post by mmueller »

Mathias,

I had a similar behaviour. The lines had been drawn outside my text, appearing outside printable area. When I added some indentation to my paragraph, everything worked fine.
Would this help you?
Best Regards,

Michael Müller
H&M 6.0.2 Build 2352
Leippe

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi,
no. Doesn't help. Just the border settings aren't stored proberly.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mathias,

Your paragraph has a hanging indent with an icon inserted to the left of the indent, this may have something to do with it. However, even when I do this I don't have any problems and your project would probably display correctly if I compiled it here. My guess is that you need to 1) Update to the current version of Help & Manual and 2) Switch your reference driver for PDF output to a printer driver or a different driver.

H&M uses a printer driver to generate PDFs and problems in PDF output are often caused by proprietary printer drivers from printer manufacturers. You can access the reference printer driver settings in Write > Program Options > PDF. By default H&M will use the screen device driver. However, you can also use a real printer driver, which will often produce better results. It is best to use a standard driver for a common printer from the Windows CD -- for example a normal LaserJet or DeskJet, the Brother HL-2040 and HL-2060 drivers are also very good. You don't have to actually have the printer. Add the driver with Add Printer in the printer section of the Windows Control Panel and then select it as your reference driver in Help & Manual. Many problems with PDF output are caused by "optimized" proprietary drivers from printer manufacturers.

If this doesn't help I need to have a look at a demo project illustrating the problem. Pack it in a zip and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Leippe

Bug is fixed - solution is landing soon

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi folk,
Tim checked my project and detected the bug. Solution is landing soon with a beta.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Leippe

Bug fixed with build 700

Unread post by Leippe »

Bug is fixed with build 700. Thanks and greetings to Alexander Halser for helping so quickly. 8)
Best regards
Matthias Leippe