Problem with display of tables in PDF

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

liza_elagina

Problem with display of tables in PDF

Unread post by liza_elagina »

Hello! I have come across some issues with how tables look in published PDFs. Some border lines look thicker than others and some are displayed as double lines. I attach an example of displaying from Adobe Reader. When I view the same PDF in Foxit Reader, it does not have the double lines, but still the external outline of the table looks thinner than the lines inside the table.
Is there a way around it? I want all lines to look the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with display of tables in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Liza,

This is a scaling effect in PDF readers that is caused by rounding errors, because they use whole numbers without decimal points for line widths. It is particularly apparent in older versions of Help+Manual (you are posting in the Version 6 forum, so I assume that is what you are using). It depends on the Zoom setting in the PDF reader. If you set the display to exactly 100% you will probably not see it. Apart from that I am afraid there is nothing that can be done about this.

You can test out your project with the free trial version of Help+Manual 8 to see if it is improved for you. Just download the installer here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html

It will run in free trial mode automatically if you don't register. It won't interfere with your current version of Help+Manual and can even be run at the same time. There is a tool in the View tab for assigning the file extension assignments back to your old version if you decide to uninstall it (.hmxp, .hmxz, .hmxr, .mnl, .hmskin and so on).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.