HM6 Online Help (chm) Floating Tips

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Aitch

HM6 Online Help (chm) Floating Tips

Unread post by Aitch »

I was looking at the HM help file that you get by selecting the Online Help button within H&M.

Scrolling through some topics, I discovered the Multi-User Editing & Translation > Multi-User Editing screen...
When I expanded all text, and scrolled down, the Productivity Tip on the topic seems to think it's a fixed popup. (screenshot attached). if I scroll up or down, it doesn't change. I closed the help file and started again, but still the same.

I noticed it on a few other topics as well. I haven't looked if my help files do the same though.

ps. I have just upgraded to IE9 (much to my annoyance :()
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HM6 Online Help (chm) Floating Tips

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Heidi,

This is my fault... :oops: It was caused by a fix for another IE bug, which cancelled out the fix for this issue that had already been implemented. I was doing so many updates at the same time that I missed this little squib. I've now fixed it and it will be included in the next maintenance updates. If you need the new pack of standard skins in advance just drop me a mail at the support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) address and I'll mail it to you. This update also includes the following fixes:
  • The new standard skins now work with all versions of IE back to IE7 in WebHelp and also in CHM on machines with IE6 installed.
  • The new standard skins don't work in webhelp in IE6 and will now display a warning banner from Microsoft telling IE6 users to update their obsolete and dangerous browser.
  • The updated "classic two frame" skins are fully compatible with IE6 so if you have any Neanderthals among your customers who are unable to update their browsers you can provide working webhelp with non-scrolling headers by using those. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

Thanks for the reply, Tim.

I am not in a rush for this fix at the moment, as I don't think I have any of these in my help files. And if I do, and somebody points it out - it will be my 'intentional test - to make sure you read the help file before phoning support'. :)

I just had to point it out as I (as usual) thought I broke something somewhere.
Thank!
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

Hi Tim,

I just noticed that my .chm files have the floating tips back... this only happens when you scroll down. is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks
H
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

I have changed the boxes to be tables and that seems to work better.

Not to worry :)
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380