Importing sandcastle via command line

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

GeertvanHorrik

Importing sandcastle via command line

Unread post by GeertvanHorrik »

When a build is automated, it would be cool if one could refresh the reference documentation. My reference documentation is located inside a node "Reference". I would like to delete all content in that node, and then invoke a sandcastle import based on a new nightly build.

I think this is currently not possible, but something like this would be really cool. If it is possible, please explain how I can accomplish this.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Importing sandcastle via command line

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Geert,

Yes, that would be cool but automated imports are not currently possible, as you surmised. I'll put it to the developers and see what they have to say about it... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Geert,

Update: I'm afraid this isn't going to be possible in the foreseeable future. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
GeertvanHorrik

Unread post by GeertvanHorrik »

I was afraid for this. It does not allow me to create a real fully automatic build for my software (I want to generate the the doc again on every nightly build). But still, your software rocks so then I will do this manually once in a while.
Santosh Patil

Unread post by Santosh Patil »

Hi

I have the same need as Geert where our automated build process generates the help XML files from Visual Studio and we need to import this (using Sandcastle) into H&M to replace the old topic. I looked in the help and elsewhere for this but I could only find automated publishing.

I also read about project creation from scratch by generating the H&M XML but it appears like this won't achieve what I need since the XML has to refer to the topic *after* import. I couldn't find a way to specify an import via the XML.

Is automated import (via command-line) now possible? If not has someone solved this problem any other way - macros perhaps?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Sorry, automated command line importing is not supported.
Regards,

Private support: