PP2 tab background in IE

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

PP2 tab background in IE

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi Tim,

I'm trying to change the colour of the current tab background to solid dark grey (#666666). I've changed the css background settings accordingly, and it's working fine in Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.

But in IE8 the tab background remains as the original skin colour regardless of anything I try. I've cleared every cache setting I can find in IE8, I've searched through every file in the skin to find the colour setting, I've edited an image file containing the original colour gradient (lime soda), but nothing has any effect.

Can you steer me to where this tab background colour is set for IE? Thanks.

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PP2 tab background in IE

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,

This is a small gotcha: IE 8 can't do gradients at all, so the background there is a graphic (the SVG files are used for IE9, because it can't put gradients in areas with rounded corners). The graphic you need to edit/replace is tab_bg.png. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Hi Tim,

Thanks. I had already found and replaced tab_bg.png, and double-checked that the replaced version was in the output folder, but it made no difference. I refreshed every page and frame I could find and deleted every temporary internet file I could find, to no avail. I tried opening index.html from the output folder instead of using the mini-server, but nothing made any difference. Clearly IE8 was caching the previous file somewhere.

And then this morning, without changing anything at all, it's working fine. :)

Why is it always IE ?

Thanks again,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,
Why is it always IE ?
Imagine Usain Bolt running round a track. That's a standards-compliant browser. Now imagine Usain Bolt running round the track carrying his mother on his shoulders and pulling a sledge loaded with 1,600 pounds of scrap metal (without snow). That's IE.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Tim Green wrote:That's IE.
:lol:

:frustration:
Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

Tim Green wrote:Imagine Usain Bolt running round a track. That's a standards-compliant browser. Now imagine Usain Bolt running round the track carrying his mother on his shoulders and pulling a sledge loaded with 1,600 pounds of scrap metal (without snow). That's IE.
Nice analogy.. and a perfect one at that!
Do you think it will be possible to declassify IE as an illegal substance or a Class A drug?
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!