Can't delete publishing task or task actions

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mike Baker

Can't delete publishing task or task actions

Unread post by Mike Baker »

I can not now delete publishing tasks or task actions within the publishing Task Manager. I am convinced that this has worked in the past - but no more. I figured that possibly something had broken within my project file so I tried this with a new project, with the same result.
Create a new project with all defaults. Go to Publish | Task Manager, create a new task with, say, two actions, save and close the project. Re-open it, delete each of the actions from the task. They disappear from the list but the task says that it still contains two actions and there is no invitation to delete the (should be) empty task. Save and close the project, re-open it, go look in the task manager and the task actions are right back again.
Am I missing something here? Have I broken something with wider effect than a single project?

Regards
Mike Baker.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Can't delete publishing task or task actions

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mike,

This is a known issue in the current build. If you need this urgently please send me a mail at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll send you a download link for the installer for the current beta. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Baker

Thanks Tim.

First of all - apologies for being so slow to respond; I was unexpectedly out of circulation for a few days last week but back in harness again now.

The problem is not a big issue for the time being because I can easily work around it, but I would like to tidy up before I hand over to my successor. Any idea when the next build of H&M is due?

Thanks again
Mike Baker.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

This can take a little longer this time because 6.1 includes active support for SubVersion version control. This is a complex feature that requires a lot of testing and it is not actively implemented in the stable beta yet. As the name implies, the stable beta is really stable -- I've been working with it for weeks already and have not encountered any problems. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mike Baker

Thanks Steve,

I will see what the client wants to do - their procedures might preclude beta versions but if not I will e-mail you as suggested.

Regards
Mike.
Oliveira Market

Unread post by Oliveira Market »

Hi Mike / Tim...

That's not my post but I face the same problem... Additionally, I've noticed that some "ghost actions" have appeared within tasks. Often it's a CHM format action named "New Publish". Although I delete them, next time they are there again...

Weird!
Oliveira
Help Designer
Market Automações Ltda.
Brasil
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Oliveira,

Just send me a mail at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll send you a link to the stable 6.1 beta. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Oliveira Market

Hi Tim,

Mail sent... I'd like to congratulate you and your team for the excelent work you're doing, both with the system itself as on supporting users. Your attention to us and quick answers to our posts at the forum are fantastic!

Best regards!
Oliveira
Help Designer
Market Automações Ltda.
Brasil
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Oliveira,

You're very welcome -- thank you for your kind words!
Regards,

Private support:
Oliveira Market

Feedbacking...

Beta installed, feature tested. Seems that the error remains in task manager...
Oliveira
Help Designer
Market Automações Ltda.
Brasil
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Oliveira,
Oliveira Market wrote:Feedbacking...
Beta installed, feature tested. Seems that the error remains in task manager...
Please send a small demo project illustrating the problem with a description of the steps to reproduce it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it there.
Regards,

Private support:
Aitch

Unread post by Aitch »

I've had this issue before. I was going to post a bug for this, but it only seems to happen on certain projects of mine (I tried to recreate it on one of the demo H&M Projects)

On my project, I can recreate it every time when I double click on a task (to edit), navigate to "include options" tab and press OK (without actually changing anything).
However, this only happens on certain projects.

However, since upgradnig to the beta version, (6.1.0 Build 2440), this doesn't happen anymore. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can recreate it.
But the above steps, on a previous version was how I recreated it every time on certain projects (could it be the number of task action under each task perhaps?)

H
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
Oliveira Market

Hi Heidi!

I've noticed the same: in beta version it doesn't happen anymore, I mean "ghost tasks actions". But I can recreate the original error of this post by create a task action without description (I know, tasks actions have default descriptions, but I've accidentaly erased field content) and voila! - I get an "untouchable" task action!

I've submitted a demo project to Tim to test it...
Oliveira
Help Designer
Market Automações Ltda.
Brasil
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Heidi, Rafael,

We're looking into the problem -- it shouldn't be possible to save a task without a description.

@Heidi: Have you found any other way to lock up an action, apart from saving it without a description?
Regards,

Private support:
Michael Schwarzl

Unread post by Michael Schwarzl »

Hi all,

confirmed. It is possible to create empty entries which should not. I'll fix this in next version.
To get rid of the "ghost" task actions, you will have to edit the hmxp file and remove the tag.

Regards,
Michael
-----------------------------
Michael Schwarzl
Senior Developer, EC Software