Suggestion for Creating Image Toggle

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

itexnz

Suggestion for Creating Image Toggle

Unread post by itexnz »

Similar to my previous suggestion, it would be a good time saver if I could configure the default caption/tooltip text for images I make into Toggles.

More often than not my caption/tooltips are just "Click Image to Zoom In/Out"

It becomes tedious to do this dozens of times a day.

Also, on the subject of image toggles - sometimes I want a toggle to switch between two versions of an image - such as for a "before" and "after" example... rather than zoom in/out - but currently, one image appears on page, and clicking the image (to show the alternative image) will then appear in the lightbox, which is confusing for readers.

So, sometimes I'd like an image toggle to be specifically excluded from appearing in the pop-up lightbox. Maybe a new checkbox - "Do not show toggle in lightbox?"
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for Creating Image Toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Itex,

The lightbox option is currently global but it's possible we may provide individual switching for this in the future. This may take a while, however, because it would require quite deep changes in the scripts.

As to repeated toggles: You should never need to create a toggle type you use often more than once. Just set up a dummy copy that is as you want to have it, then select it in the editor and save it as an XML snippet in your project folder. To do this select File > Save Snippet in the Project > Manage Topics tab. If the text is selected only the selected text will be saved as a snippet. Then when you want to create a toggle just select the Snippet tool in Write > Insert Object and choose From File and Copy/Paste mode and insert the XML snippet instead of going through the whole process of creating a new snippet. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.