Error Creating Process Error Code :87

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Natasza Tereshchenko

Unread post by Natasza Tereshchenko »

hello everyone!
I want to compile my H&M project (668 topics), but system threw:
(and 25 warnings, and 763 hints))

I'm doing my project in specific way:
I needed to translate into Russian version documentation of our program so I generated pdf (-> rtf ->doc) and gave it to the translater. She translated document by an auto translator.
When I got the document and exported it to the HTML (to return the size of the pictures) and then I exported it to the rtf and after that to the H&M.
I have copied exported topics into the old project (with modified CHARSET) - project didn't want to compile. I created a new project and added one by one topics and the largest didn't compile.
I think its epic fail becouse of the many exports to the different formats. But I have no idea - how to fix it.

p.s. the links to topics has been deactivated
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Error Creating Process Error Code :87

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Natasza,

Welcome to the forum!

I assume you're getting this error when you try to create a CHM. The most likely culprit in this case is actually not your project but a damaged or incorrect HTML Help CHM compiler installation. This is the first thing you should check, by reinstalling the compiler package. You can the correct version of the MS HTML Help Workshop compiler package here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads_mscomp.html

Before installing go to the Windows Control Panel and uninstall your current version of HTML Help Workshop and then restart Windows. Then run the installer you downloaded with the above link.

Note that when you install HTML Help Workshop it will display a confusing message saying that your computer "already has a more recent version of HTML Help". This can be ignored. It only refers to the runtime components for displaying HTML Help, which are always more recent than those in the compiler package on computers running anything later than Windows 98.

After reinstalling the compiler restart Windows. Then start H&M and go to View - Program Options - Compilers and make sure that the path to hhc.exe in the "HTML Help Compiler" field points to the directory where you just reinstalled the compiler.

On Translation:

The translation procedure you chose was unfortunately unnecessarily complex: Normally you can send the original uncompressed Help & Manual HMXP project to the translator directly, because modern translation tools can work directly on XML. Then you would not have had the conversion work, or the additional work of integrating the re-imported data into your project again. For details of the possible translation procedures please see this chapter in the help.

If you continue to have problems please mail your project to us at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. We don't need the graphics initially, just the project itself in single-file .hmxz format. If you're using .hmxp you can save a single-file .hmxz copy with Save As... in the File menu.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Natasza Tereshchenko

Re: Error Creating Process Error Code :87

Unread post by Natasza Tereshchenko »

Thank you very much!!
You clue, that hhc.exe is missing really hit the mark.
Thank you one more time! :D