Frozen window to search

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

VictorL

Frozen window to search

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Why sometimes after searching start the dialog Search and replace becomes as a frozen window?
I mean it is like a little screenshot zooming less then an original one, making an inactive (blue background color transforms into grey) etc.
It processes till a proper string searched but if the project is big, it's unpleasent...
Maybe configuring the options or
... it depends on no path to search in a project setup... or
... Windows 8 to work under... or
... virtual machine usage...?

Thanks for answering!
VictorL

Re: Frozen window to search

Unread post by VictorL »

frozen_window.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Victor,

We've never seen this. What happens when you click on the title bar of the dialog? Can you select it?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:We've never seen this. What happens when you click on the title bar of the dialog? Can you select it?
No I can't select it...
It becames as a zoomed window down...
Need to take a real picture with an edges borders of this window I've seen if I could...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Try pressing ESCAPE (ESC) a couple of times. You will probably find that you can then select the dialog again.

What is probably happening is that you have opened another dialog after opening the search dialog. That will have this effect. If you have a system on which you sometimes attach more than one monitor and do not have the second monitor attached it is possible that the other dialog is being displayed off screen where you cannot see it. Windows is not very efficient at dealing with removing monitors and often continues to behave as though the second monitor is still there.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:Try pressing ESCAPE (ESC) a couple of times. You will probably find that you can then select the dialog again.

What is probably happening is that you have opened another dialog after opening the search dialog. That will have this effect. If you have a system on which you sometimes attach more than one monitor and do not have the second monitor attached it is possible that the other dialog is being displayed off screen where you cannot see it. Windows is not very efficient at dealing with removing monitors and often continues to behave as though the second monitor is still there.
Thanks, Tim!
I can't press because it runs very quickly (for PRINT SCREEN press only :)).
I have one monitor only.

But I pointed one interested thing: all above happens in first time search only :!: When I work with project all day long it doesn't repeat again... If project closes and after opening it can happen or not... Just a floating error... It was in differnt project as small as big... I see it doesn't depend on a project size. If your developers will catch it, please tell a reason why (even by e-mail).

PS Could it reffer to an OS processes enables? Sometimes the user openes a proper application (as MS Word as other ones), it begins working slow and loading text, graphics, tables etc as slow as a turtle comes... this time looking in OS Task Manager we can see some processes to "eat" much memory... if they're not important, one can disable them... But this situation flows very quickly and looking in tasks I can't... If it would be watched in tracing mode :|
Tim Green
Site Admin

I can't press because it runs very quickly
What runs quickly? You said that it was frozen, so what is running?
Regards,

Private support:
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:What runs quickly? You said that it was frozen, so what is running?
It's a joke only... I can't watch it today...
When it comes, I'll do!
Tim Green
Site Admin

If you are running in a virtual machine try installing on hardware instead and see if the same problem occurs.
Regards,

Private support:
VictorL

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:If you are running in a virtual machine try installing on hardware instead and see if the same problem occurs.
OK... but I need to call an administrator...

Tim, sorry for worrying :?
I saw it... Maybe it's from my VMC... I've seen it in another application instead H&M... This topic can be deleted...
But the reason isn't opened...