Same topic changes in different projects at once

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

VictorL

Same topic changes in different projects at once

Unread post by VictorL »

Hi!
Searched some methods to do and found nothing, I'd like to ask about same topic can be used in different projects.
The main point is a usage of same topic with different styles in differnt projects.
Now there're:
a. Adding same topic in different project as inserted snippet;
b. Adding same topic in different project as read-only snippet;
c. Adding same topic in different project as copy-pasted text...

That's all.

But why if I added the topic's path of differnt project, I couldn't add a proper topic in actual project.
This way I can see the topics of my own (actual) project to add...

The problem is same topic in different project with different styles but if I'll change the content of both topics, I see that changes in both topic of different projects, considering the styles changing too (see picture).

Can it be done or maybe some tricks?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Same topic changes in different projects at once

Unread post by Tim Green »

Currently you can only reuse topics from other projects as snippets.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VictorL

Re: Same topic changes in different projects at once

Unread post by VictorL »

Tim Green wrote:Currently you can only reuse topics from other projects as snippets.
Tim, thanks a lot... to stop searching adding the same topic in different projects with different styles too :wink:
As I reviewed the help there's the best of all for that is copying the snippet and inserting it as editable snippet :!:
But now double trouble comes true... is to remember all changes in original topics to save them as snippets later...

Also there's a chance to add same topic as OLE-object (like MS Excel too) but if the developers will do it tomorrow :D