Change to text variables not published

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Adina Rabinowitz

Change to text variables not published

Unread post by Adina Rabinowitz »

I am using Help and Manual 6.5.5 Build 3020

I made a change to a text variable. In the project the change appears and if I hold the mouse over the text variable it does the correct value.
However when I publish the help it shows the old text variable without the new change.

I am publishing Webhelp
I am using a skin. The skin doesn't have text variables defined.
Thanks,
Adina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Change to text variables not published

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Adina,

The current version of HM6 is 6.5.6 Build 3027, so please do update your copy. You can download the installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

This sounds a little odd. Try clearing your browser cache and reloading when viewing the WebHelp after publishing (delete temporary Internet files). You may just be seeing an old version that is still in the cache. If this doesn't help please mail a demo project and the skin you are using to us at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Adina Rabinowitz

Re: Change to text variables not published

Unread post by Adina Rabinowitz »

I solved this issue. I had defined the variable both in the project and in the skin but only updated the name in the project. Once I updated the text variable also in the skin, it used the correct text variable in the help.