replace images when synchronizing

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

annika berglund

replace images when synchronizing

Unread post by annika berglund »

Hello!
I'm going to translate my topics and need to replace all the images to English screenshots. I've tried to use the synchronizing tool for the translated copy but as far as I can see that feature put the old images back.

Have I done something wrong or is it not possible to replace images in synchronized documents, only text?

/Annika
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: replace images when synchronizing

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Annika,

Replacing images is very easy. So long as you don't change the image file names you just need to set up a new image folder with the new images in it. This is easiest if you have a single folder, or a limited number of folders, for all the images in your project. Ideally, they should be inside the project folder. Then the whole project is easily portable along with the images.

To replace the images, create a new folder containing the new images, which should all have exactly the same names as the original ones. Then edit the project search path in the translated version of the project to remove the old image folder settings and add the new one(s). This setting is in Project Explorer: Configuration > Common Properties > Project Search Path.

See this topic in the help for more details on managing your image files:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... naging.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.