Webhelp in Chrome

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Suzette Seveny

Webhelp in Chrome

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

I've ignored this long enough. I cannot get my help to work with Google's Chrome - only with IE.

I'm hoping there's some easy setting I can change to make it work. I'm overworked (what else is new) with a huge upgrade of our company's software and I don't have a lot of time to invest in the tool (H&M). After my documentation project is complete, I will upgrade to version 7 - already paid for - I just don't need any surprises right now.

I'm almost at the point where I may suggest to our company that we hire a consultant to review all of our documentation, process, tools, etc. and tell us the best way to proceed.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Webhelp in Chrome

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Suzette,

It is normal that WebHelp doesn't work in Chrome if you are not using a web server, and in IE it will display a yellow warning bar on every access that the user has to click away. Only Firefox won't do this. You need to put it on your web server on your local intranet or on the Internet for normal access. Then everything will work normally in all browsers. If you absolutely must have local WebHelp without a server for some reason you need to update to Help & Manual 7 so that you can use the new Premium Pack 3 responsive skins. They have a range of new technologies implemented that avoid this problem and allow full local access without a web server.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Suzette Seveny

Re: Webhelp in Chrome

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

Thanks for the quick response Tim!

Unfortunately, I am not going to have time to customize another skin for our webhelp. I will give this information to our management and see what we can figure out.

Suzette Leeming