Filtering images for respective products does not work

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

raghunomix

Filtering images for respective products does not work

Unread post by raghunomix »

I have a situation!

I have a single help project which is being used for 3 products.
Now there is a topic which has 3 versions of a screenshot and some text that is conditional. For example, if there are 5 tabs in the screen of one screenshot, the other one has 4 and the other one has 5 but the 5th being different.

I just filter just the images that the respective screenshot is displayed in the corresponding product.

For example,

<IF build1> image1 <end>
<if build2> image 2<end>
<if build3> image 3<end>

Now the topic include option is <All builds>.Only the screenshots and text need to be filtered to the respective product.

Our daily publishing task is automated and the it gets picked up by the build every night.

The next day when i checked, i see that the image1 is getting displayed in all products. This is wrong.
But the text is getting filtered fine.

Can you please help resolve this situation.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Filtering images for respective products does not work

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Raghu,

What build options are being activated in your publishing settings? Build options use OR logic, so if BUILD1 is activated for other reasons, in addition to the other builds, then the first image tagged with BUILD1 will be included.

Another possibility is that the graphics files you are using are stored in different places but all have the same name. If this happens then only the first one found will ever be used. No matter where images are stored, they must all have unique names if they are used in the same project. This also applies to images with the same names but different formats. For example, if you have image1.bmp and image1.png, and your image conversion settings are set to convert bitmaps to PNG, then you will get two files called "image1.png" in the output, and the second one written will overwrite the first one.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.