H&M with Crystal Reports

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marcelo Gvm

H&M with Crystal Reports

Unread post by Marcelo Gvm »

Hello everyone!

I was using help and manual 5.0.6 and now 6.2.3 .

In both versions I have the same "problem" : The manual is made ​​from reports created in Crystal Reports and exported to MS Word.

I use Crystal Reports to generate the report based on my system information and then I export this report to MS Word.

Then I cut and paste the MS Word text to the Help and Manual.

This is very laborious, because the formatting MS Word file is lost when the text is pasted to the Help and Manual.

Does anyone know of a way to integrate the two tools , facilitating the work of creating the manuals?

Thanks a lot!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M with Crystal Reports

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marcelo,

Instead of cutting and pasting from Word you can import the Word file directly.
  1. To do this first edit the file and make sure that your headings are formatted with Word's standard Heading 1 - Heading 6 styles. Then Help & Manual will automatically create a chapter and topic structure based on those headings when you import.
  2. Then select Save As... in Word and save the file in Richt Text Format/RTF, which is required for importing into Help & Manual.
  3. In Help & Manual, select New Project and choose the option for importing from a Word RTF file.
You can also import into an existing project from a Word RTF file. To do this, open the project in Help & Manual and select Import in the main menu. The procedure is then the same and the topics from the Word RTF file will be added to the end of your project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.