Command Line compiling hanging

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

sindrebarstad

Command Line compiling hanging

Unread post by sindrebarstad »

I've used versjon 6.4.1.2923 (server edition) on our build server until now, but upgraded to the latest version as part of setting up a new build server. I now have problem compiling from command line (from FinalBuilder). The compiling seems to be ok and the output is generated, but the Helpman.exe process is hanging and is not returning the control back to Finalbuilder. When I do the same from command prompt, I have to press Enter for the end/finish the process. It seems like there is a Readln.
The project is generated from a tool, bu I have no problem opening it H&M and generated the output from there.

Is this a known problem?

I haven't tried to revert back to 2923 yet.

Regards
Sindre
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Command Line compiling hanging

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sindre,

You need to test what is going on. First get the batch or command line that Final Builder is using, copy it to your own batch file and run it manually to see what is happening. For more information run it with the /debug switch in the command line so that you get a modal window with information on everything that is being done.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
sindrebarstad

Re: Command Line compiling hanging

Unread post by sindrebarstad »

I finally figured it out. The problem was that the project name on the command line missed the leading double quote. :oops: