Find old website links

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

tim searle

Find old website links

Unread post by tim searle »

Hi, I am trying to find and replace some incorrect or outdated website links in the hmxz. Trouble is most of them are not in the body of the text but in underlying hyperlink addresses. The standard 'find' function doesn't check in these so far as I can see - is there a way to locate them please ?
Thanks
Tim
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Find old website links

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

To do this you need to save your project in the uncompressed HMXP format and then perform a search on the files in the /Topics folder with a multi-file search tool. The free Notepad++ works fine for this, for example.

If you have Premium Pack 3 you can also use the PP Toolbox utility included with it to do this, with its Complex Search and Replace functions in the Tools menu. This also works on HMXZ projects, which the Toolbox can load directly. Note that you need to activate these advanced functions first in Edit > Preferences. By default the Toolbox is just set up for configuring skins, to make things easier for most users.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
tim searle

Re: Find old website links

Unread post by tim searle »

Hi Tim, HMXP option works fine for me.
Thanks for the help !
Tim