Moving to wrong location

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sandy Palmer

Moving to wrong location

Unread post by Sandy Palmer »

In my .chm document, when a user clicks on one particular item in the index, the system navigates to that page, but then always scrolls to the bottom of the page. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Moving to wrong location

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sandy,
In my .chm document, when a user clicks on one particular item in the index, the system navigates to that page, but then always scrolls to the bottom of the page.
That's strange and not a known issue. My guess is that there's something wrong with the skin you are using and/or possibly an outdated copy of Help+Manual 6. First check with Help > About to make sure you are using the current version of the program. The current version of HM6 is 6.5.6 Build 3027. You can download the installer here (just install on top of your current version to update):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

After that, choose a fresh skin to publish with by clicking on the Select Skin option in the Publish screen when generating your CHM file. If that doesn't help please mail a small demo project illustrating the issue to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it out for you.

By the way, we currently have a Christmas promotion with which you can upgrade to Help+Manual 7 Professional from version 6 at a very low price. If you're interested, contact the address above before the end of December and we'll send you a purchase link. :santa:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sandy Palmer

Thanks! We've figured out that if we remove an anchor at the bottom of the page, the problem is solved. That means our links to that anchor no longer work. We'll see what we can do.

Is the Christmas deal for version 7 $390? Or is there something better?

Thanks,
Sandy
Tim Green
Site Admin

Sandy Palmer wrote:Is the Christmas deal for version 7 $390? Or is there something better?
The Christmas promotion is just $199 for upgrading to Help+Manual 7 Pro from any version of Help+Manual 6.

If the anchor at the bottom of the page is causing that problem then it probably has something to do with the name of the anchor. Try changing it.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sandy Palmer

Yes, we'd like to get the version 7 update. I don't see a link on the page you gave for us to request the Christmas deal. Can you help?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Sandy Palmer wrote:Yes, we'd like to get the version 7 update. I don't see a link on the page you gave for us to request the Christmas deal. Can you help?
I've sent you the link by mail, you should have it by now. :santa:
Regards,

Private support:
Sandy Palmer

We didn't receive your email with a link. We went ahead and purchased H+M 6 Basic but never received an email with a key to unlock it. We'd appreciate your help.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Sandy Palmer wrote:We didn't receive your email with a link. We went ahead and purchased H+M 6 Basic but never received an email with a key to unlock it. We'd appreciate your help.
You did receive it, check your spam folder if you haven't cleared it already. If you don't find it, please write to sales AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will help you out with a copy of your licensing details. :)
Regards,

Private support: