Help for a novice

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Rebecca Summer

Help for a novice

Unread post by Rebecca Summer »

Hi,

I work in primary education and have been using Help and Manual to create some user manuals as pdfs for use by teachers.

I am trying to explore the possibilities of using it to make an online tutorial for children to use. There would be stepped instructions and children would tick a checkbox to cross out the text of the step they had completed so they can see where they are up to easily.

I'd also need to create a pdf of the same instructions in case teachers prefer to print them.

Is there a way to do this? - Bare in mind that I'm self-taught and not a programmer but am a bit familiar with simple html.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help for a novice

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum!

Rebecca Summer wrote:Hi,I am trying to explore the possibilities of using it to make an online tutorial for children to use. There would be stepped instructions and children would tick a checkbox to cross out the text of the step they had completed so they can see where they are up to easily.
You can't create interactive content like that in Help+Manual itself. However, there are plenty of systems for creating interactive online educational content. You could create your tutorials or quizzes with that and put it online separately, and and then embed them into your topics in WebHelp output created with Help+Manual using the Custom Web Content option with the Media tool:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... smovie.htm

However, you won't also have this in your PDF files because that would be a completely different system. There are also systems for creating interactive forms in PDF, both from Adobe and other vendors like Foxit, but those would also need to be created separately.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Rebecca Summer

Re: Help for a novice

Unread post by Rebecca Summer »

Thanks for taking the time to advise me.