auto numeration of the bookmarks in PDF format

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mikhail Apacs

auto numeration of the bookmarks in PDF format

Unread post by Mikhail Apacs »

Greetings, fellas!
how can i get auto numeration of PDF bookmarks?
What i have:
What i want:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: auto numeration of the bookmarks in PDF format

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mikhail,

Open your project in Help+Manual, then in the Project Explorer on the left, navigate down to Configuration > Publishing Options > PDF > PDF Layout. The Create Table of Contents (Outline) option activates the Bookmarks TOC. Then directly after it is an option for turning numbering on and off.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mikhail Apacs

Unread post by Mikhail Apacs »

Thanks, Tim!
Am i right, that user is not allowed to change this numeration pattern? (For example: if i want to numerate only <%HEADING2%>)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Mikhail Apacs wrote:Am i right, that user is not allowed to change this numeration pattern? (For example: if i want to numerate only <%HEADING2%>)
The outline numbering of the PDF bookmarks is generated by the PDF reader, and it can't be changed from Help+Manual. It is either on or off. You can edit the headings of the entries for the pages other than topics by editing the page options for the sections in Manual Designer. (Pages > Page Options: PDF Bookmark Text) This also enables you to include or exclude sections in the outline TOC. Sections without a PDF Bookmark Text entry are not included.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.