anchors inside toggles

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

annika berglund

anchors inside toggles

Unread post by annika berglund »

Hello!
I use lots of toggles in my webhelp and want to put anchors with keywords inside those. The problem is that the toggle doesn't expand when i click on the keyword in the index, I just get to the top of the page. To make the index more useful I would like the toggle to expand and get directly to the anchor. Is that possible and if so how do I do?

/Annika
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: anchors inside toggles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Annika,

This is supported in the skins in the Premium Pack add-on. A link to an anchor inside a toggle opens the toggle and then scrolls to the anchor. A link to an anchor in the header of a toggle scrolls to the anchor and then opens the toggle. If you are using the standard skins you need to place the anchor just above the toggle and let the user open it. You can learn more about the Premium Pack here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/products_hm_pluspack.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
annika berglund

Unread post by annika berglund »

Hello again!
I have now downloaded the trial version of HM7 and the skins but I still can't get it to work.
When I have an anchor inside a toggle and click on an anchor-keyword I only get to the page and not to the anchor. If I expand all toggles and then click on the keyword again I come to the right place.

What am I doing wrong?

/Annika
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Annika,
What am I doing wrong?
You are probably not using a Premium Pack skin, since you are only using the trial version of Help+Manual 7. That includes demo versions of the Premium Pack skins, those are the ones with the word PP_DEMO in their name. Try using one of the PP_DEMO_V3_Responsive or PP_DEMO_V2WebHelpEWriter skins. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
simon harris

Unread post by simon harris »

Hi Tim,

Is there any way that opening a toggle off a hyperlink can be made to expand the toggle if you are NOT using a PP skin?

I ask because our users would benefit greatly from the functionality, but because the display hardware is a machine touch-screen, flash skins won't necessarily fly.

Thanks kindly.
All the best,
Simon
Tim Green
Site Admin

simon harris wrote:Is there any way that opening a toggle off a hyperlink can be made to expand the toggle if you are NOT using a PP skin?
No, because although it looks simple on the surface it's actually quite a complex task. You need to locate the anchor, determine where it is (inside a toggle, in the toggle header etc.) and also whether it's in a nested toggle. You need to check whether the toggle is already open or not. Then you need to decide whether to scroll to the location and then open the toggle (if it's in the toggle header) or open the toggle and then scroll to the location (inside a toggle).
Regards,

Private support:
simon harris

Unread post by simon harris »

I shall take that as a definite no then, Tim :) . Pity.
All the best,
Simon