Why is there gaps in Table of Contents

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dale Aceron

Why is there gaps in Table of Contents

Unread post by Dale Aceron »

I just published my manual and noticed there are gaps throughout my Table of Contents. Any idea what settings I can check to change that?
Please see attached image for screenshot example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Why is there gaps in Table of Contents

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dale,

In the Project Explorer on the left in your example the chapter "Document Types" is closed and clearly contains topics that we can't see there. These topics will be on level 4 or lower. In the print-style table of contents in your PDF the space is being created for those entries but no text is being inserted. My guess is that you have created a TOC in your PDF template in which the bands for those entries are empty, because you only want to include entries for levels 1-3, but the bands themselves are still visible.

What you need to do is to reduce the height of the empty bands to zero in the page options for the Table of Contents section (Page Options in the Pages menu) so that they will not be included in the TOC at all:
EmptyTOCBands.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dale Aceron

Re: Why is there gaps in Table of Contents

Unread post by Dale Aceron »

Thank you very much Tim!!! That worked like a charm!