Edit Topic Header

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dale Aceron

Edit Topic Header

Unread post by Dale Aceron »

I added a style for the Topic Header, but when I print the manual to PDF, it's not the same.
How do I change that if not using Styles?

What I really need is for it to POP compared to all the other styles in the entire Doc.

Screenshot: H&M on the Left, PDF on the Right)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Edit Topic Header

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dale,

Unlike some HTML skins, the topic header formatting from your project is not transferred to PDF. Only the plain text from either the topic header or the TOC caption is used. (Which is used depends on the variables you use in the Topics section of the PDF template. This is explained in the topic on in the Topics section in the Designing a Template chapter of the Manual Designer help.)

The reason it is done like this is that in PDF you can have different formatting for every level of your project, which is defined in the Topics section of the template. So you can make your headings "pop" by formatting them there. The same principle is used in the Table of Contents section of the PDF template, where you can define different formats for every TOC level as well. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.