License questions

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

BTM Dave

License questions

Unread post by BTM Dave »

Hi Team,
It has been quite a while since we have had any contact, it's been so long in fact that I am not sure where we stand regarding the License we have for Help& Manual, and if it covers what we are hoping to do.

From the beginning we have used Help&Manual V6 to auto import & publish our 2 main .chm Manuals, based on xml topics which are on auto generated on an IBM iSeries every night. The 2 Manuals consist of about 1000 topics and 300,000 toc entries, and everything is still running smoothly.

However, I have now been tasked with generating another more traditional (Web based) Manual, so am returning to you in the role of a more traditional editor,

Does our license cater for this?

Will I be able to make use of WebHelp Skins?

I think it would also be wise to ask to ask about upgrading to V7?

Many thanks,
Dave Syrett
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: License questions

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

You can create WebHelp and use the skins included with your Help+Manual 6 installation freely, there are no restrictions on that. The only thing that might be restricted is the search feature, which will not be available if you are using a Basic license instead of the Pro version. You can check this in Help > About.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Help+Manual 6, which is 6.5.6 Build 3027. You can also check this in Help > About. If you need to update, get the installer here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

Just install on top of your current version to update. This won't change any settings etc.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.