Improper display of chapter numbers in PDF

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

liza_elagina

Improper display of chapter numbers in PDF

Unread post by liza_elagina »

Hi! I have a problem with display of chapter numbers in published PDF. I mean numbers that H&M generates automatically. If they are longer than three digits, the last part of the number appears cropped (see attached image, it shows "6.2.(" instead of "6.2.10"). How do I fix it?
Thanks a lot in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Improper display of chapter numbers in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Liza,

This is quite simple: It is happening because in the PDF template you are using there are two separate text objects for the topic number variable and the topic title variable and they are too close together. You just need to edit the text object for the title variable and move its left end further to the right so that longer number variables have enough space. You may also need to make the number variable text object a little wider.

You should check the configuration in both the Topics and the Table of Contents sections of the template. In each one there are six title setups to check, one for each possible level in the PDF structure. (You can have different formatting for each level and the numbers are also defined differently on each level.)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
liza_elagina

Re: Improper display of chapter numbers in PDF

Unread post by liza_elagina »

Hi Tim. Thank you very much for your help!