Problem with column width in table

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

liza_elagina

Problem with column width in table

Unread post by liza_elagina »

Hi! I have a problem with some tables. Width of columns changes in an unpredictable manner and becomes "frozen", i.e., impossible to adjust manually. I fail to understand which of my actions triggers this behavior and which parameters I can set to avoid it. (I have already tried Selected Cells –> Cell Options -> Preferred Width) Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with column width in table

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Liza,

Use the Lock Column tool in the Tables tab. This switches columns between fixed width and flexible. At the same time, check how you have set the width of the table itself in the table's Properties settings, which are also accessible in the Tables tab. If you set the entire table to a fixed width then the columns are much more restricted, because the total widths of all the columns then must be equal to the fixed width of the table. It's much easier if you set the width of the table to Autosize, then its overall width is defined by the widths of the columns it contains.

See this topic in the help for full details on managing column widths:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_w ... idths.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.