Edit rows in a table that is within a toggle

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lina Castro

Edit rows in a table that is within a toggle

Unread post by Lina Castro »

Hi,
I use version 6.5.5 build 3020.
I cannot edit rows, if those rows are longer than row 60, in a table that is within a toggle.
I would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix these problem.
Thank you in advance!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Edit rows in a table that is within a toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lina,

There is no restriction on the number of rows you can edit there unless you exceed the maximum length of topic content, but that doesn't have anything to do with tables. If this happens you will see a shaded area where you cannot edit. You will not lose any data, but the editor cannot display topics that long. If that happens you need to split up the topic into multiple topics. However, it will only happen if the topic is VERY long -- much longer than normal topics will be, and most users won't read topics that long because they won't scroll that far.

By the way: The final version of Help+Manual 6 is 6.5.6 Build 3027. It would be good to update. You can download the installer here on the page for older versions:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,

First, thank you very much for your reply.
The topic is really big, but if I use the same topic and the only thing I change is to put the table outside the toggle, I can edit the rows without a problem.

That is why I put the hypothesis that the problem is related to the number of rows in the table inside the toggle.
I already downloaded the version 3027, I will test it and check if the problem is solved.
Regards,
Lina
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,
I have already installed and tested version 6.5.6 Build 3027, but with the same result, if I put the table outside of the toggle I can edit all the rows if the table is inside of the toggle I cannot.
Regards,
Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Lina,

This sounds a little odd. How big is the table -- i.e. how many rows does it have and how much text/data is in the rows? Each cell of a table is actually an instance of an editor, so you may be running up against a physical limitation here if your table is very large.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,
If the only way to solve the problem is split up the table, I will split it.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Lina Castro wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 amIf the only way to solve the problem is split up the table, I will split it.
It would still be helpful if you could let us know how big the table is -- number of rows, amount of content etc. 8)
Regards,

Private support: