PDF template - page options

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

medvedales

PDF template - page options

Unread post by medvedales »

Dear.

I need your help because I just can't get this heading 2 to stay on the same page.

I think that page options in my PDF template are set correctly and also I have no page brakes in the document.

Thank you for all your help.

Best regards,
Aleš Medved
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF template - page options

Unread post by Tim Green »

Your topic text placeholder is much too tall. (That's the shaded area of text that indicates where the topic content is going to be inserted.) The height of the placeholder defines the minimum amount of text that must be kept together at the bottom of the page along with the topic heading. The optimum height should be 2-3 lines, not more. It should also be the same height as the band that contains it. You can adjust the size and position precisely with SHIFT + arrow keys and CTRL + arrow keys. When the edge of the element moves over the edge of the containing band its outline turns red. So adjust until it turns red, then move one pixel back for precise positioning along the edge of the band.

Note also that the width of the topic text placeholder is what controls the width and right/left positions of the content from your project. The margins have no effect on this -- they are just layout aids for you while working on the layout.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
medvedales

Re: PDF template - page options

Unread post by medvedales »

Thank you.

Best regards,
Aleš Medved